Nationwide Building Society Funding Available
Nationwide Building Society are offering grants to the value of £10,000 to £50,000.
They will be distributing £500,000.00 across 11 UK regions annually because they believe
“Everyone should have a place fit to call home”
Applications for Derbyshire groups will be assessed by Leeds Community Foundation, the closing date is July 5th with decisions provided after a national board meeting to be held in September.
Nationwide will only consider grants that are 50% or more of the total project cost.
Who can apply?
- Registered charities
- Charitable incorporated organisations
- Community land trusts
- Housing co-operatives
What issues will eligible groups be addressing?
- Preventing people from losing their home
- Helping people into a home
- Supporting people to thrive within the home environment
What will Nationwide like to see?
- Nationwide are open to supporting fledgling groups who can eventually be self-sustaining and benefit future generations.
- Nationwide will also be happy to hear from well-established groups who have a tried and tested service that can be reworked and delivered in other areas of the country; with Nationwide’s support.
What exactly will the grant pay for?
- Up to 20% of requested amount can cover office equipment, supplies, travel and printing
- Staff and volunteer costs
- Small scale capital costs (for example computers)
- Activity/event costs; catering, insurance
- Staff/volunteer training to support sustainability
- Building works and refurb costs
How can you apply?
To apply, visit www.ukcommunityfoundations.org/our-programmes/nationwide
For further information call Leeds Community Foundation on 0113 242 2426.