If you believe that any aspect of your application has been misunderstood or misrepresented by anyone in the Foundation you can appeal and the process and decision will be reviewed.
What to do if you wish to appeal
If you wish to appeal against a decision made by the Foundation, you must write to us within one calendar month of the date on the letter informing you of the Foundation’s decision.
Your appeal should be addressed to the Assistant Director of Grants and sent to:
Foundation Derbyshire, Unit 2 Heritage Business Centre, Derby Road, Belper, Derbyshire DE56 1SW or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your appeal letter/email you should clearly detail the following information:
- The Unique Reference Number (URN): This should be on our correspondence to you.
- The grounds for the appeal: What information you believe has been misunderstood and/or misinterpreted and any evidence to support your appeal. Please detail each point of appeal clearly and refer to the reason your application or request was rejected, as explained in the rejection letter.
Please note this is not an opportunity to include information about your application not previously presented to the Foundation. This should have been part of your initial application. If you do wish to include further information then please submit a new application form that includes this information.
What you can expect from the Foundation
- We will acknowledge receipt of your letter/email within five working days.
- Your appeal will be presented to our Senior Management Team who will decide on an appropriate person to investigate it. This will be someone who has not previously dealt with the application.
- You will be contacted by the appointed person to discuss your appeal. The appeal investigator will review all the procedures followed in relation to the decision and interview the staff involved.
- An appeal report will be presented to the relevant Grants Committee who will decide on the outcome.
- You will receive a written explanation of the outcome and any action that may be taken as a result of your appeal, within 10 working days of the Grants Committee meeting. Please note it may take up to 12 weeks to complete the full process.