Every year groups apply to funders without reading the criteria. Criteria sets out what the funder is trying to achieve; it’s about attracting the right projects for our donors, things that interest them.
Make sure you don’t fall at the first hurdle. Please read our main criteria below. If you’re not sure your project fits then you can always contact the grants team on 01773 525860 who will be pleased to chat to you about your plans.
We don’t fund
- Profit-making organisations / Businesses / Sole Traders
- Medical Equipment
- Animal Charities
- Any project which promotes faith or involves the refurbishment/building of a place of worship
- Statutory Bodies – schools, hospitals, police etc.
- Any project which directly replaces statutory obligations
- Projects which benefit people outside of Derbyshire
- Any project which promotes a political party
- Retrospective Funding (grants for activities that have already taken place)
- Sponsored Events – events raising funds for further distribution
- Groups who have an active grant with us, or who have had a grant within the last 12 months.
- Groups who have not completed monitoring from a previous grant
- Whilst not ‘ineligible’ if you have a large scale project exceeding £10,000 in total please call the grants team first to ensure we can support you and to look at how to structure your budget
Making A Successful Application
Read each question carefully and answer as accurately and simply as possible. We are not looking for key phrases or the use of jargon but an easy to read overview, which explains your group, project and case for funding. Take a look at our Top Tips below.