Our Funder’s Pledge is underpinned by an understanding that
- we can always be a better funder
- by listening, we can all learn from the experiences, knowledge and perspectives of each other
- our position as a funder can lead to a power imbalance and we must continually strive to readdress this and create a collaborative environment
Openness and Transparency
- To keep communication open and to inform you every step of the way about what to expect and when.
- To provide honest advice and feedback, in order to improve your chances of success
- To make our processes and requests for information as proportionate as we can
To understand that projects, ideas and circumstances change and to work with you to overcome challenges that might arise.
To listen and learn
- To ensure that decision-making is not undertaken in a vacuum, by bringing in community voices, knowledge and a wide range of lived experiences
- To be open to change in our processes
- To ask for your opinions and listen to your thoughts on our work and how we make grants
- To offer a space safe for those thoughts and opinions without fear of repercussions or impact on future applications