The fund has three main strands
- Volunteer recruitment, training and retention
- Training for staff and committee members to enhance the community group/charities efficiency or quality of service
- Projects working to increase communication and networking opportunities
Type of Project costs funded
- Capital (any items of equipment) but not building works
- Revenue (any non-equipment costs) including ongoing running costs for a project or group
- One-off events and projects
- The fund is unlikely to contribute to large scale projects exceeding £20,000
Encouraging people to volunteer – this includes creating more volunteering opportunities and developing ways to keep your volunteers in place
Offering training – especially if the training helps staff or volunteers in one of the following areas: Networking, income generation (fundraising or social enterprise) and organisation management (any course helping with running your group)
Encouraging Networking and partnership working – both within the community and voluntary sector and between voluntary groups and the private and statutory sectors. This could also include better communication strategies for your group such as website development, newsletters etc
Derby City and Derbyshire wide
The maximum grant is currently £2,000
There are no closing dates, decision panels meet on a rolling 12-week programme. Please contact the grants team if your project is time critical
Examples of grants made
- £600 for running volunteer forum meetings in South Derbyshire, offering free training and support to community groups.
- £2,000 to cover the cost of a volunteer recruitment drive and training in order to set up a “friends of” sub-group to raise funds.
- £762 to run a seminar for volunteers and professionals in the healthcare sector, promoting health and well-being for older people.
Making An Application
The Foundation has an online application process. You will need to have a valid e-mail address to access the application process. If you do not wish to complete the form online but would prefer to handwrite your bid then please do let us know and we’ll happily post you a hard copy out. Find out more about making an application below.